Friday 27 June 2014

Day 3

It was a long day in the saddle. Started well, doing all the right things, following the good lines, only to end up in a paddock 60km from home. Adam almost got me back up today. He called the climb that was the only one for miles but I just couldn't make it. If my wings were dry then I may have been able to push it but it just wasn't meant to be.
Yet another solid performance by Adam so hopefully I can help push him up the ladder some more over the remaining comp days and get a solid top 10 placing for him, minimum. 
Tomorrow is looking like it should be a good day. Hopefully there will be less water falling from the sky and more sun reaching the ground.
Just a few pictures from the paddock. Do you think I should win the spot landing competition?

With the help of the farmer and a few others we pushed the glider up over the road and onto the lawn. Just before the heavy rain hit and turned the paddock to bog. In comparison to my recent outlandings this one was nothing. No mud, hardly and cleaning needed at all. And we certainly didn't need to hose out the wheel box this time and that has saved us a huge amount of time and energy.

Just got back from the sauna and now time to hit the hay and dream of rain-free cloud streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment