Thursday 19 June 2014

Splat no. 4

Just short of the first sector. Heading into wind and toward the curtain of rain I just wanted to touch and run. Adam had started 10 min before me but my radio comms are still not working properly and I couldn't talk to him regarding the rain approaching. It looked to be about in the middle of the 30km radius sector as I was around 15 km from the edge. I took a very nice climb over a libelle sitting in a paddock and raced off into wind hoping to beat the rain. 1 km to go and I was starting to get pretty wet but had a good looking cloud 90 degrees left. I darted over searching for the climb and hoping the wings would dry. A few bumps here and there but nothing solid. The curtain of rain was thickening and I was not far from being swallowed. I had the paddock picked and at 1400' above ground I dropped the wheel and started my circuit. Safely down and I was treated with great finnish hospitality, coffee and a slice and a nice warm spot by the fire.
BBQ followed by Sauna I reckon, I might just dry out a little




No comments:

Post a Comment