Sunday 8 June 2014

Splat 3

Today turned out quite interesting. A perfect day for local soaring and that was just the intention. Paddock selection was on my mind but in as much detail as it ended up being wasn't really what I had planned...

I was 20 km to the east of Räyskälä under an over developing CU with little more than 2000 feet above ground. I headed off direct to the airfield with a very marginal glide. There were no landing options directly on track, just another  dark over developing CU. I was on the fringes cloud when I made the decision to turn 180 back to landable fields.

As Andy left Räyskälä with trailer in tow, he reported the current weather as "pissing down!!" I reckon I've got pretty good crew as he let me sit in the paddock 5 minutes longer just to save the washing I had on the line.

Pretty easy retrieve with some very helpful locals.

No comments:

Post a Comment